Now in its 15th year, the UK B-Boy Championships features the world’s best solo breakers, poppers, lockers and B-Boy crews from across the globe, including the US, UK, Japan, Korea, Russia, China, Holland and Scandinavia.
Before the finals, eight international eliminations take place where breakers compete to represent their country at the finals in October at London’s Brixton Academy .
Channel 4 is currently the road and filming footage from the qualifiers, as well as giving insight into the culture of B-Boy.
Some facts about the Sony Ericsson B-Boy Championships
- This is the 15th Anniversary of The B-Boy Champs.
- The 2009 winning crew ‘Endangered Species’ from the USA , appeared at the Oscars.
- The Prodigy used a photo from the B-Boy champs for the cover of the ‘Smack My Bitch Up’ single.
- The Championships has its own TV series on Channel 4.
- 2001 winner and superstar b-boy ‘Crumbs’, taught Justin Timberlake how to B-Boy.
- The B-boy Champs has its own video game called ‘B-Boy’.
- It is the biggest ‘All Battle’ competition in the world.
- Asics make the official ‘B-Boy’ sneaker.
- New Era make a bespoke B-boy Champs Cap.
- The most successful nation at the Champs is Korea.
- UK crew ‘Second To None’ won the first 2 B-Boy Champs.
- Host Crazy Legs is the most famous b-boy in the world, appearing in numerous movies and performing for the Queen.
- The winner of the Popping Battle at the 2007 Championships ‘Salah’ went on to win the French version of Britain’s Got Talent.
More news when we have it.
Facebook Group Page
This was a pre-scheduled blog for you sharp-eye followers!