Thursday 11 September 2008

9/11 Anniversary

I had the great fortune to visit New York City in February, 1998. The weather wasn't brilliant but that didn't matter because the experience far outweighed a bit of rain. It was like being on a gigantic movie set; busy, bustling, energising. Everywhere I looked it seemed I'd seen it before in some film - and I probably had.
One day I visited Wall Street. I went by subway and was very disappointed in the state of the trains - they were so clean!
I remember looking up at the Twin Towers and just feeling the awesomeness of these huge iconic buildings, the power was just immense.



Listen to Steinski's 9/11 tribute track.



Immense....




View from the Ferry





Outside Madison Square Garden - feel the energy

And that's me.....



The sound of da police

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not to get corny, but the best thing about NYC is the people. The longer I'm away from home the more I miss my fellow NYers.

Repo said...

I'd certainly agree, m71. I remember New Yorkers as straight-talking and helpful citizens.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer - Important!

The links to MP3 files provided in these posts are to be used for previewing only. AGEING B-BOYS UNITE ™ does not keep the files here, this Blog is merely a gateway, an Information Desk if you will, to point you in the right direction. Once downloaded, all files should be destroyed within 7 days.