Tuesday 14 October 2014

Reply From Steinski

Original page from The Street Scene magazine I posted previously

About 4 years ago I did a post about The Street Scene - a UK music mag from the Street Sounds camp from the mid 1980's - and posted some scans I'd taken.
One article in particular had preyed on my mind ever since. The mention of Steinski and a certain 'new track' called Technical Difficulty.
I have wondered for years if this ever got to see the light of day and I finally got an answer.

Last Friday Steve Steinski did a live stream of his latest mix. Well I say 'mix', it was more of a series of spoken news reports with minimal background music. Entitled Accidents, Mistakes and Emergencies, Steinski gave a no-holds barred, emotional 72 minute journey into some sad parts of American history via the news media.
It's still available and can be heard here along with a tracklisting.

So after this I got to thinking about Technical Difficulty and grabbed to chance to send Steve a personal email asking him about it.
I never expected a response yet he was gracious enough to spend a bit of time writing me a lovely reply and finally gave me the chance to close this chapter.


A lifelong influence, idol and all round good egg. I'm a little bit ruddy bloody chuffed to put it mildly.

2 comments:

IRISH_CRAIG said...

Possibly from this ? It's Pardo alright !

https://youtu.be/ggYu-Wumf10

Is that Casio being laid underneath ? Agghhhh...

Repo said...

Ha! I would hope Steve & Doug may have come up with something a little more than a Casio beat!
And that voice - Don Pardo - wasn't that him on Dynamix II's Just Give The DJ a Break ("...please stay tuned..")

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer - Important!

The links to MP3 files provided in these posts are to be used for previewing only. AGEING B-BOYS UNITE ™ does not keep the files here, this Blog is merely a gateway, an Information Desk if you will, to point you in the right direction. Once downloaded, all files should be destroyed within 7 days.