Monday 19 August 2019

72 ABU Show August 2019

Hey freaks!

Big shout to whoever is still checking out this dearly-departed, shell of a once-thriving communication hub.
Ahhh, ABU. The blog. The place that once connected me to so many of you. Sadly Facebook came along, took me to a bar, we got chatting and before you know it we were knocking boots. And it's been that way ever since. I cannot turn away from that sultry siren, my meandering mistress.

And so here I am, cap in hand. Foolishly trying to explain that I still have feelings for all of my faithful readership even though I've been playing away. I feel as if I need to apologise to you but it's a two-way street. Not to sound like a bad Cliff Richard song but it feels like we don't talk any more.
It's okay. I understand. We all lead busy lives so I guess we have different places we need to be nowadays. We can't stay in the past, awkwardly tring to rekindle those feelings we had at the beginning, can we?
Just know that I, Mister Reeps, will always be here for you.

That said, here is the latest ABU Podcast. It's show number 72 and tends to feature a bit more 1985 business than usual - no problem as far as I'm concerned, it was a great year.
There's some seldom-heard album tracks from BDP, Eazy-E and Beastie Boys as well as a nod to the recent UK Fresh 86 anniversary (its' 33rd actually - wow!).
I've been listening to the majority of the available (on the t'internet at least) radio shows featuring the World's Famous Supreme Team lately so have included some nice excerpts from them. One of them features a caller who tries to swear down the telephone but Just Allah The Superstar has razor-sharp reflexes!
We also focus on British composer and jazz pianist, Roy Budd who came up with some brilliant film scores over the years. Three songs are evidenced on the show which capture just how funky he was.
Plus the usual off-the-wall spoken word drops and crap scratching from me and that concludes the show.

Remember if you have any ideas, requests or a mix (30 mins max) for upcoming shows then get in touch by either leaving a comment or flinging over an email to ageingbboys@yahoo.com




(or go straight here https://hearthis.at/repo136/72abushowaug2019mp3/MJi/)

1 comment:

Ruse One said...

Cheers Repo :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer - Important!

The links to MP3 files provided in these posts are to be used for previewing only. AGEING B-BOYS UNITE ™ does not keep the files here, this Blog is merely a gateway, an Information Desk if you will, to point you in the right direction. Once downloaded, all files should be destroyed within 7 days.