Monday 23 January 2012

Death Of File-Sharing?

This whole file-sharing business is getting silly now. I just noticed that pretty much all my links to my ABU Takeover archives are now all down with a few exceptions.
I just tried uploading to Mediafire and Multiupload with nothing happening. I've managed to download 3 files today FROM Mediafire so no change there. Hmmmmm.

I'll try an upload again later but in these current times you just don't know who's gonna be next to duck out of the game. It's a sad day for a lot of blogs because some of them had pretty much their WHOLE back-catalogue on Megaupload which is now redundant.
Filesonic seem to have voluntarily closed down their file-sharing service and instead leave it only so that personal files cannot now be shared.
The first big casualty of Filesonic was HQ Hip Hop blog which provided some of the best stuff (classic hip hop, old funk and breaks) on superb 320 quality rips.

I want to send a massive shout to Olas Un Bekons who are one of the heavyweights in the game and have vowed to keep going under this obvious pressure.

It's all very unsure about what's going to happen next but no one can say for certain if file-sharing will still even be happening by the end of the year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

there are still ways to share files, even if all the file sharing sites ended tomnorrow. FTP access would provide income for your blog also.
Everything I post on my blogs I have digitally backed up, but theres no way I would re up it all. The old USB blog was over 60gigs worth of stuff. The PieNears blog started off as mainly pics, but the site backup is growing size rapidly.
I still say bring back the days of swopping c90s at bboy jams!

Anonymous said...

"I still say bring back the days of swopping c90s at bboy jams!"

amen brother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer - Important!

The links to MP3 files provided in these posts are to be used for previewing only. AGEING B-BOYS UNITE ™ does not keep the files here, this Blog is merely a gateway, an Information Desk if you will, to point you in the right direction. Once downloaded, all files should be destroyed within 7 days.