Friday 25 July 2008

Mike Allen Special on 1Xtra (2005)






This a bit of a special one here. Way back in one of my earlier posts I mentioned that I'd love to hear again the one-off show that Mike Allen did for the BBC's 1 Extra digital radio station in October 2005. The other day my prayers were answered as I was sent the whole 2 hour show.
A massive, massive shout goes to FatLaces71 who provided me with this.


If you haven't heard it before, you're in for a real treat as The Boss waxes lyrical about how he actually got involved in the Capital show in the first place. There's also a smattering of anecdotes as Mike name-drops and forgets key facts but its just so good to hear him again after all these years. He plays some tracks but unfortunately no real obscure cuts, rather just big, more well-known ones. But that's a minor quibble.





7 comments:

FeverPitch said...

Excellent stuff. I missed this too as i'm far too old for 1xtra. Off to dig out my old National Fresh tapes (on TDK of course!)

Repo said...

Hey The Old School Fool, I'm not exactly in 1 Xtra's key demographic either and that was pretty much the only time I've listened to a whole show on that station!

If you ever manage to digitise those Nation Fresh tapes then you know where I am!!

Cheers,
Ben

finisterre said...

Thanks for this. Just DLing it now. I never heard many of Mike's shows back in the day, but I WAS at UK Fresh 86!

Unknown said...

Any chance you could re post this.. the link isn't working anymore !!

Unknown said...

Any chance you can re upload the link..

it's not working anymore

Repo said...

@Dinners -

The internet police get their knickers in a twist whenever I post anything Mike-related.
Drop me a line at ageingbboysunite@yahoo.com and I'll sort you out.

Unknown said...

Anyone got a decent link the mixcloud one is ropey fro halfway through.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer - Important!

The links to MP3 files provided in these posts are to be used for previewing only. AGEING B-BOYS UNITE ™ does not keep the files here, this Blog is merely a gateway, an Information Desk if you will, to point you in the right direction. Once downloaded, all files should be destroyed within 7 days.